Warning: I may ramble…just a bit. 😉 Scroll past the giant paragraph if you want to get straight to “business”.
Hi there! I hope you are having a fantastic and productive Spring! April is almost over and I haven’t blogged here in quite a while. I have been so busy keeping up with orders for local customers, juggling a family of four children (3 of which are of school age), building a larger audience with my Instagram account (We reached over 1o thousand followers!!), and all while trying to continue making our house the home of our dreams. It may not seem like much to some, but it can sure be overwhelming at times. I need to develop a system to organize my life. If you know of any great books or have tips to help me in that department (other than hiring an assistant, which I simply can not afford to do at this time). One day, right? A girl can dream! I have also been actively expanding my inventory for my shop which will include found items such as vintage decor and antiques but also new “trendy” decor such as the infamous Rae Dunn which has quickly taken over my home HAHA! I am overly obsessed if that is even possible. I have been collecting since November of 2016 and it has grown into quite the collection but I just can’t seem to stop looking for them. I guess I fell into that craze. Who am I kidding? I dove head first, swam to the bottom and haven’t come up for breath…but I plan on reselling majority of it. (No, not quadruple the price like you see on eBay!) I am so excited to share my love of home decor with all of you! I am hoping to help you love the home you have through DIYs, tutorials, decor and much more in the upcoming months as I have sworn to myself to make good of my New Years resolution of actively posting on my blog and expanding my business.
April/May Plans: (some in progress & not in any particular order)
- To SPRING CLEAN my entire home. Not just the basement and closets.
- Switch around the bedrooms.. My husband and I are taking the biggest room in our home and switching the children’s rooms around to accommodate a better environment for our two eldest boys whom are currently sharing a bedroom.
- Complete kitchen renovation plans. We are creating a new layout and knocking down walls to create an open concept kitchen/dining room in our home. (This will begin hopefully at the end of May, beginning of June. I will have posts about this project on my blog, Instagram, and personal Facebook.)
- Paint all the bedrooms. (This project will continue into the month of May.)
- Obtain LLC. and contracts to make the Fowler Cottage Shop official and create a shopping cart!
- Begin planning for craft shows & booths for summer/fall months ahead.
- Finish upstairs bathroom makeover and powder room makeover. (Faux Shiplap tutorials to be included!)
- Install & paint a new front door.
- Orders, orders, orders. I am, currently working on 33 orders which include everything from canvas/wooden signs, shelves, coffee & dining tables, a custom coffee bar, blanket ladders, wooden candle holders, chalkboards, tiered trays, benches, and much more. Some of these items will also be available in my shop once it is open. I will have some available for purchase through Facebook for local customers only in the months ahead.
Thank You for your patience! Family will always come first!
Best Wishes & Happy DIYing!